True to his word, the doctor only took about 10 minutes to put Mason's tubes in his ears. It took longer for them to call us back than for the actual procedure to be completed! Mason was sort of cranky as we waited patiently in the waiting room. I can't blame him; he hadn't eaten anything since 7:30 the night before and it was just about nap time too. He fell asleep on my shoulder just before the anesthesiologist came to take him back. She seemed glad and explained that some kids don't like the gas mask, so if they could give him the gas while he was already asleep it would work out well for everyone. After a careful transfer from my arms to hers, I watched them walk down the hall - Mason still fast asleep. About ten minutes later the doctor came out to tell us everything went well and we could go back to see him. He was cranky and whiney (understandably so) when we first got back to see him. I rocked him and he finally relaxed and slept. The nurse said we were free to go if we liked, so we headed home to get the little man something to eat. After a bottle and some applesauce, he was fully charged and ready to go. He was crawling around everywhere laughing and playing. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience. Now, I just hope this lets him rest more comfortably and keeps him healthy for a while!
15 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment