Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 14, 2006

Birthday Boy!

OK...so I finally got my camera back and was disappointed when I realized I didn't have very many pictures from the birthday party. It seems that I was too busy stressing about everything else that I neglected to pick up my camera as much as I would have liked. That being said....if you have any pics from Saturday you think I might like to have, PLEASE send them to me and I will post them on the flickr website with the few pics I actually took.

We hope everyone had a good time at Mason's party. Visiting with everyone was so much fun. We would like to thank you all for sharing Mason's big day with us - especially Uncle Mike, Aunt Natalie, Zak, Ethan, Jordan, Sofi, and Carter for making the long drive just to celebrate with us. I know it was not a fun trip and you probably spent just as much time on the road as you did visiting here, but it means more to us than you know!!!

Mason LOVES all of the gifts he received. He plays with all of his new toys every night before going to bed. Mommy can't wait to get those cool new clothes on him too! Mommy and Daddy especially appreciate those contributions to Mason's college fund. He's got a great start already!

My favorite part of the party was watching Mason as he attempted to eat his cake. As you can see from the pic, he takes after his Dad and Big Bro and ABSOLUTELY CANNOT get his hands dirty.....so why not just lean in and take a bite right off the cake? He eventually got a couple of fingers in the icing, but mostly skipped the hands and used the direct cake-to-mouth approach.

I can't believe my baby is a year old. Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital and were dressing him in 'preemie' outfits. Now he's walking behind push toys and eating baked ziti and green beans for supper! I've loved every minute of this past year and can't wait to cherish each moment of every year to come. I only wish his Grandmas could see what a beautiful big boy my baby is becoming!!!

No comments: