Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 18, 2008

Shake, Rattle, and Roll!

We were awakened by an earthquake this morning! Right around 4:40 this morning Brian and I jumped out of bed and went to check on the kids. Mason and Maddie slept right through it, but Holden sat up in his bed and asked, "What the heck was that??" It was apparently centered near West Salem Illinois and measured 5.2 on the Richter Scale. All is well, but we sure didn't need the alarm clock today! Read more on the earthquake here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad the kids fared well and you all are okay. What a way to wake up! I much prefer the alarm clock. I thought a car ran off the road and hit the house. Karen shook for 10 minutes after the house stopped rattling. Other than that no damage anywhere that we can see. Love you Guys, Dad/Grandpa