Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, May 02, 2008

All about Mom

As we head into the month of May, I of course start thinking of Mother's Day and reflect on all the wonderful memories I have of my Mother. That got me thinking.....do you have a funny story or particularly memorable moment involving my Mom? I love to hear everyone's stories about her. If you have something you would like to share, e-mail me and I will devote a post to all the stories and recalled moments everyone has to share.

Here are some of my favorite memories:

Every morning without fail my Mom would make us breakfast before school. I'm not talking cereal or Poptarts either. She did everything from making biscuits from scratch and custom omelets filled with our favorite goodies like ham and cheese to breaking out the waffle iron and making us homemade waffles with bacon and sausage. I appreciated her doing that for me then, but am even more appreciative of it now that I'm a Mom and working outside of the home. All I can think is, how did she make time to do all that for us AND fit in a 40+ hour work week? Did she ever sleep???

If you knew my Mom well, all I need to do is say "Lamb Chop" and you'll laugh too.

Meatloaf is one of the few things I don't like to (as a matter of fact WON'T) eat. As a child I was made to sit at the table until I either ate the meatloaf or my Mom caved and let me get up. Once out of the house and on my own, I thought I had escaped the wrath of the meatloaf! I vowed never to fix or eat meatloaf again. Alas, one Saturday afternoon I got a phone call....."Amy, my oven has gone out and I have dinner halfway cooked; can I come over and borrow your oven to finish cooking it?" "Sure!" I replied. Mom showed up on my doorstep with a "guilty" grin and (you guessed it) a half-baked meatloaf! We both laughed as I told her she could cook it, but couldn't make me eat it!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lambchop!
Do you remember Mom riding our little Yamaha dirt bike in the lot with the tall weeds? How about her learning to ride the "big " motorcycle and falling over (in slow motion) in the driveway when she did a perfect take off but forgot to put her feet down after her (almost) perfect stop?
Love You Amy, Dad