Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Ear Updates

Maddie had her follow-up appointment with the ENT yesterday and got a clean bill of health. He said the tubes are in place and the eardrum has healed tightly around them as they should. We go back in 6 months for another check. Mason will be heading back with us because his tubes will have been in place for 2 years this month. The doctor told me that if the tubes stay in place without falling out for two years, we then start discussing surgery to remove the tubes. I hope Maddie's will stay in place long enough for her to outgrow getting ear infections then come out on their own without having them removed. We'll see. Either way I am so glad they both were able to get the relief from ear infections and freedom from hearing impairment the tubes have provided. We'll be sure to update you on their appointments in January '09!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoo-Wah!!! GREAT news! Glad our babies are doing so well. Hope they keep it up. See you all soon I hope. Love You, Dad/Grandpa

The Hapes said...

Yeah Maddie! We are so proud of you! Mason too! Glad you all are doing so well. We just hope now that little Bailey's ears are all clear so she doesn't have to go down the same road as you guys. If she does, I'll have her call you for some tips! :-D

Anonymous said...

So good to hear the great news! I hope the tubes keep Maddie infection free for a long time.
Love,
Aunt Lauren