Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 23, 2008

We have Jack-O-Lanterns!

This week has been pumpkin-themed for Mason and Maddie. They have read pumpkin books, counted pumpkin seeds, and watched pumpkin movies too. Yesterday they helped Lisa make some delicious pumpkin cookies. I know they were delicious because I've been eating them every chance I get, so I should know!
Today they carved pumpkins to make their very own jack-o-lanterns! I was so excited to see them when I got home. The face on Mason's is so cute, and Princess Maddie.....well, I bet you can't guess what hers looks like! After it got dark, we all went out to light candles in them. Mason was so excited to see them "blowing" (aka glowing) in the dark. He had his glow-in-the dark skeleton PJs on too, so we tried to get a picture, but they just weren't bright enough to be seen in a picture. We improvised, though, and took a picture by the dim light of the lamp post. Maddie was more interested in the candles, so needless to say she didn't get much close time with the jack-o-lanterns.

Couldn't resist yet another entry in the "she'll fall asleep anywhere" category!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Halloween sure does look like a lot of fun at your house! Mason looks so cute in his skeleton pj's. Carving pumpkins is hard work. I think me and Princess Maddie would have had the same idea at the end of the day--time for night, night. See you guys tomorrow!

Love,
Aunt Emmy