My little boy is getting so big. First, he's riding his "big boy" bike with training wheels more and more. At first, he really couldn't figure out that when he pedaled forward he would move and when he pedaled backward he would put the brakes on and stop. He looks so big sitting on that bike. I guess I have to admit that he's a little boy now....not a baby. Not only is he riding a bike like a big boy, be he'll be starting preschool summer camp on Monday!! I get to hear, "I'm going to school just like Bubby!" He's enrolled to start preschool this fall.....my goodness, where did my baby go???!?
Maddie is doing some growing up of her own. She is beginning to put more words together to form some simple sentences. For example, if you ask her a question like, "Sis, where is your baby?" Most of the time she'll answer with "I dunno!" When she and Mase are watching a movie and it's over she'll say, "It's over!" When she's looking for Brian she'll ask, "Where Daddy go?" then immediately answer her own question with "Daddy...work!" She is saying more things than I can even keep up with every day. Before I know it she'll be heading off to preschool. Whoa.....I don't want to think about that just yet. I've got enough anxiety at the moment. One at a time!!
Last weekend we did our annual ritual of marking the kids' heights on the garage wall. I was surprised to see just how much everyone had grown over the last year. Of course, this was the first year for Maddie's mark on the wall. I was surprised to see that her first mark (at 19 months old) is a good inch and a half above Mason's first mark (at 21 months) on the wall. Here is the wall (I know it's hard to see, but you can get the idea) with everyone's measurements beginning with Holden's mark the first May we lived in the house in 2005.
16 years ago


1 comment:
Yep, It's quick!! You're a good Mommy and God blessed you with beautiful healthy children. Like I've said before, enjoy every second and don't blink your eyes. How years can turn to seconds still amazes me, but they do for sure! I love you all so much.
Dad/Grandpa
Post a Comment