Ugh...I think I'll stop ever saying things are good.....or even that they are not bad. Yesterday when I picked Mason up from day-care, his other ear had fluid draining. So, I started giving him the oral antibiotic instead of just the ear drops last night. This morning things seemed good. Today around lunch time, day-care called and said Mason's right ear (the one that started draining Sunday) was bleeding. I thought, BLEEDING??!?!!? So, I immediately left work to go get him. Meanwhile, Brian was calling the ENT doctor's office to see what we should do. I just knew I would get to day-care and Mason would be screaming in pain. Just before I got there, Brian called back to tell me the dr's office said not to be concerned. CONCERNED?? I WAS MORE THAN CONCERNED! They said the infection could be irritating the ear and/or the tube itself could be irritating it and be causing the bleeding. They wanted to know what antibiotics the pediatrician prescribed to make sure that wasn't causing more irritation. Apparently the antibiotics he is on are exactly what the ENT dr would have prescribed and so they are thinking the infection is causing the irritation. Ever the skeptic, I raced inside to see Mason. As I opened the door to his room he was sitting quietly eating lunch (a big bite of peas to be exact) and smiled at me as if to say, "Hey Mom, what are you doing here?" As the relief rushed over me I went right over to inspect the ear. Indeed there was dried blood inside his right ear as well as a quarter-sized spot on his crib sheet. I was told he has been in a great mood all day and didn't wake up crying from his nap, but he had a lot of blood coming out when he did get up. I told them the dr's office said not to be concerned and as long as he was acting alright I would let him stay there. So, here I am back at work hoping the rest of the day goes smoothly. Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!
16 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment