Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ahhhh.....Relief!

Little Maddie got her tubes yesterday and is doing very well. We got to the surgery center at 8:00 and got her checked in. They called us back about 20 after and took her temp and got a health history. Then, the anesthesiologist came back to talk to us and told us he would be back in about 10 minutes to take her back. Despite not having eaten since 7:30 the night before and waking up at 5:00 that morning, she was good as gold. She didn't cry once. Once the dr. took her back, it was only about 15 minutes until the doctor came out to talk to us. He said she had a small amount of fluid in her right ear, but her left ear was full of thick, mucousy liquid. He said we would probably see drainage for a day or two but if it lasted three days we should call him. She was just waking up from the anesthesia when we went back to see her and wasn't too happy. I made her a bottle and she made quick work of it. After she was finished and was fully awake, they released us and we headed home! We were outta there by 9:30! She was good throughout the afternoon, but didn't sleep much.
I gave her some supper and a dose of Tylenol and she went to sleep about 7:30. The next time I saw her big blue eyes open was 6:00 this morning! She is happy and eating and sleeping well so far. I just hope this relief continues for her.
Thanks everybody for your well wishes and support for Miss Maddie. Hey cousin Bailey, I hope you stay infection and fluid free......but if you do have to have tubes, you'll do just fine and feel much better without that negative pressure!! Hope your Mommy and Daddy have a Happy Anniversary!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sleeping all night is the best sign that the tubes are providing relief. I am so glad it's finally done and over with. Maybe all of you will get some much needed rest & relaxation now.

LeeAnn