Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mommy On A Mission

As I perused Maddie's medical visit history over the last few months, I got all geared up to call the ENT office and read them the riot act for not seeing her sooner than July 17th. I decided to ask immediately to speak with a nurse using Mason's "current patient" status as an excuse. Mason went to Dr Bizal back in July 2006 to get his tubes. After confirming in the computer system (I know this because I could hear the keys clicking as she furiously typed his name as I spelled it) that Mason is indeed a patient of his, she put me on hold to speak to the nurse. I began the conversation innocently enough by asking if Mason needed another follow-up appointment. Ironically she offered me an appointment one hour after the appointment made for Maddie on July 17th! Prepared to battle I led into my main reason for calling. I pleaded my case in detail and she cut me short after a bit and said, "No, no, no! She has to get in here sooner than that!" I'll admit I was taken aback and was not ready for sympathy let alone someone eager to help me. I again heard the furious clicking of computer keys.

Nurse: "....let's see....how about June 23rd?...no, no....that's still too long....uh..."

I was on cloud nine at this point and couldn't believe it.

Nurse: "....can you be here..."

Me: "I CAN BE THERE IN TWENTY MINUTES OR ANY TIME AFTER THAT!"

Nurse: {chuckle} "Can you be here Thursday at 2:15?"

Me: "This Thursday?!?? YES, YES, ABSOLUTELY YES!!"

She proceeded to caution me with a warning that she was fitting her into an already booked schedule, so it may take longer than usual to get in to see him. I told her I didn't care and would bring enough food for two days and a change of clothes for us both. Again she chuckled. I thanked her profusely and expressed my great appreciation for her help.

AAAHHHHH! What a load off! So....Thursday is the big day. I'm so ready to get my baby girl some relief. Here is the medical visit activity over the past few months:
* Jan 24 - after hours: bronchiolitis (Albuterol)
* Jan 28 - after hours: double ear infection, RSV, thrush (Amoxicillin, Albuterol, Diflucan)
* Apr 7 - after hours: left ear infection (Amoxicillin)
* Apr 14 - after hours: infection almost gone
* Apr 20 - after hours: chest congestion, ears good (Azithromycin)
* May 10 - after hours: right ear infection (Omnicef)
* May 22 - Dr. Myres: double ear infection with right ear drum rupture (shot + Azithromycin)
* May 25 - after hours: still some infection in both ears (Cefprozil)
* May 30 - Dr. Myres: infection gone, fluid still there (continue Cefprozil)
* Jun 9 - Dr. Myres: double ear infection (shot + Augmentin)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Props to Mama!!! Really smart thinking, & pretty 'sneaky' too!!! WAY TO GO!!
I hope Maddie gets taken care of soon, and only healthy days ahead.
Love, Lauren :)