Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Finally, AN ELEPHANT!

After promising him for a couple of months now, we finally took Mason to see an elephant at the St. Louis Zoo! There was even a baby elephant and baby giraffe too. He was very excited, not just about the elephants, but the chimps and penguins too. It was very hot and humid during our visit, but at least it didn't rain on us. Poor little Maddie was sort of crabby - who wouldn't be if they had to try to nap in a stroller in a noisy zoo when it was super hot and humid??!? She was a trooper considering. Mason only had a melt-down once when it was time to get off the huge carousel. He had so much fun he didn't want to leave. Holden was a big help trying to keep Mason and Maddie entertained and happy. I'll upload the rest of our visit pics to the Flickr account tonight, but for now here are a few shots from the zoo yesterday. This was Mason's face when he saw the penguins. He was saying, "It's Happy Feet, Mommy!"Here's Maddie strategically planning our next exhibit visit as we waited for Daddy and big bros to come out from the DinoROARus exhibit. This was our first visit to the St. Louis Zoo. It was the prettiest and biggest zoo I have ever visited. This definitely won't be our last visit. There is so much stuff you should really take a whole weekend to see and experience everything! Maybe next year when Maddie can run around with her brothers we'll head back. I can't wait to see her face when she sees all the animals and gets to pick a favorite!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had a safe trip and stayed dry! I was worried about the rain. Also glad the kids (and you) had a good time. Their faces say it all. I can't wait to hear the animal stories. See you soon. Love you, Dad/Grandpa

The Hapes said...

Glad Mason got to FINALLY see an elephant...and a BABY one! I bet he will be wanting to ride one at the Shrine Circus this year! I think I will have to pass on that! TOO STINKY! Sounds like you all had a blast. One of these days we will brave a trip and see a good zoo too. FUN FUN FUN! :)