Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Summer's Here!

Finally......some warm temps for us (it is late May after all) Mason and Maddie celebrated with a dip in their pool today. Maddie was content to stay in the water and play for over an hour and Mason was in and out. He's such a busy little boy. Speaking of a busy boy, June 8th marks the start of Mason's school career. He will begin a little preschool summer camp that week. I'm interested to see how he reacts to the environment since he has been out of daycare for a year now. I can't believe it has been that long already! He will begin preschool classes this Fall. Depending on how he does, he may have two years of preschool because of how his birthday falls. He has to be 5 years old by August 1, I believe, in order to begin Kindergarten. His birthday is the 12th, so we would have to make special arrangements to get him in next year. Like I said, we'll see how the school year goes next year then make a decision.
Little Maddie Beth is getting so big. She is talking up a storm these days! Just the other day I was driving with Mason and Maddie and had to stop sort of abruptly at a stoplight that was turning red. I immediately heard, "ooooohhhh.....darn it!" (Lisa sent me a video of her saying this - as soon as I get it uploaded, I'll post it....so cute!) She's quick to point things out: dogs (they go "fff, fff, ffffff!"), cats ("mouw"), birdies, bugs, lights, flowers, trees, phone (if she hears a cell phone chime with a text or email she will let you know), water, milk, chips, hot dogs, pudding, time-out (she's always quick to tell Mase he needs to go there), Bubby, Mommy, Daddy, nite-nite (she asks to go to bed every night by 8:00), Blankie (her favorite at bed time), hair, belly, toes, eyes, nose, ears, teeth (she loves to see everyone's teeth), SpongeBob, Handy Manny, Micky Mouse, baby, and the list goes on and on!! When I am leaving for work in the morning I tell her to "Be a good girl, okay?" and she always replies, "Okay!" If you ask her to give you a smooch, she'll lean her face toward yours so you can give her a smooch. She walked over to the phone a couple days ago and pointed to it and said "Grampa!" I asked if she wanted to call Grandpa Eddie and she nodded and said with a smile, "uh-huh!!"
I am just amazed every day at how big my babies are getting. I'm thankful that we have Lisa to take such Loving care of them while we are at work. I'm thankful that they are healthy and happy and don't have to want for a whole lot. I hate that they are missing out on the Grandma Pam time they would have had A LOT of. They would be even more spoiled rotten than they are now! I can't wait for the day when they ask me about what she was like and if they remind me of her in any way so I can share all my good memories of her and they can carry those memories with them as well. I Love you, Mom and I still miss you like crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that the sun is finally shining so Mason and Maddie can get out and enjoy it. They are cute as can be loungin' in their little pool. They could be the spokesmodels for GAP Kids swimwear line! Enjoy the summer!

Aunt Emmy loves ya both!