We hope everyone had a great 4th of July. We had been planning for a while to go to Daddy's work (since it's right on the river) to watch the Evansville fireworks. It was raining yesterday when we woke up....when we ate lunch....when the kids took a nap....when we started talking about supper....and we began to get worried that the kids (who were so looking forward to seeing the fireworks high in the sky about which Mommy and Daddy had been telling them all week) would miss the fireworks altogether. But FINALLY about 5:00 the rain began to let up. WooHoo!! We got our baths, got dressed (thanks, Lisa for the beautiful red-white-and blue bow you made for Maddie!) and made the trip downtown about 8:00 and sat outside patiently for the show to begin. They didn't get the show going until almost 9:30 and it was (you may not believe me when I say) CHILLY! I was glad I wore jeans and a long-sleeved shirt. I was also glad I brought jackets for the kids because they needed them!! Can you believe it - jackets and goosebumps outside in July in Southern Indiana?? The rain has returned today, but we are so glad it decided to stop long enough for us to enjoy the beautiful fireworks last night.
I almost forgot to tell you.....Mason doesn't have to go back to the ENT anymore!! He had his last appointment on 6/30 which resulted in the doc telling us the patch had come off his left eardrum and both ears have healed well and there was no sign of fluid anywhere!
NO MORE EAR PLUGS - YAY!!


2 comments:
I'm so glad the weather cleared up so the kids could enjoy the fireworks. It turned out to be a great evening for them. The kids look so cute in their red, white, and blue! Love Maddie's bow, too. Hope you all had a nice long weekend together. See you soon.
Love,
Aunt Emmy
Glad our kids had a good Independence Day (evening). Great pics. Good news about Mase's ears too! They're getting cuter by the day and growing up so fast. See you all soon. Love you. Dad/Grandpa
Post a Comment